An Introduction to Probability and Stochastic Modeling, with Sallie Keller-McNulty (1995). Duxbury Press.
An Introduction to Modern Nonparametric Statistics (2004). Thomson Brooks/Cole.
A SAS Companion for Nonparametric Statistics, (2005), with Scott Richter. Thomson Brooks/Cole.
JOURNAL AND PROCEEDINGS ARTICLES
All articles appear in peer-reviewed journals or proceedings unless otherwise noted.
1. B. Bemis, L. J. Bain and J. J. Higgins. Estimation and Hypothesis Testing for the Parameters of a Bivariate Exponential Distribution, Journ. Amer. Statist. Assoc., Dec. 1972.
2. J. J. Higgins. Representing a Finite Borel Measure in Terms of Its Distribution Function, Amer. Math. Monthly, June-July 1973.
3. J. J. Higgins. Some Surface Integral Techniques in Statistics, Amer. Statistician, Feb. 1975.
4. J. J. Higgins. A Geometrical Method of Constructing Multivariate Densities and Some Related Inferential Procedures, Communications in Statistics, Oct. 1975.
5. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. Comparison of Bayesian Estimates of Failure Intensity for Fitted Priors of Life Data, Proceedings of the Conference on the Theory and Applications of Reliability with Emphasis on Bayesian and Nonparametric Statistics, Dec. 1975.
6. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. On the Behavior of Some Quantities Used in Bayesian Reliability Demonstration Tests, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Oct. 1976.
7. J. J. Higgins and D. M. Tichenor. Window Estimates of Location and Scale with Applications to the Cauchy Distribution, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 3, 1977.
8. J. J. Higgins. Bayesian Inference and the Optimality of Maximum Likelihood Estimation, Int. Statist. Review, 45, 1977.
9. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. Sensitivity of Bayes Estimates of reciprocal MTBF and Reliability to an Incorrect Failure Model, IEEE Transaction on Reliability, Oct. 1977.
10. J. J. Higgins and D. M. Tichenor. Some Results on the Bias and Mean Squared Error in the Method of Frequency Moments, Kybernetes, Vol. 7, 1978.
11. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. Tests of Hypotheses for Unbalanced Factorial Designs Under Various Regression/Coding Method Combinations, Educational and Psychological Measurement, 38, 1978.
12. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. Comments on `Contrast Coding in Least Squares Analysis', American Educational Research Journ, Winter 1978.
13. J. J. Higgins and D. M. Tichenor. Efficiencies for Window Estimates of the Cauchy Distribution, Applied Math. and Computation, 1978.
14. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. Some Examples of the Interface Between Statistics and Numerical Analysis, Proceedings of the Tenth Annual Symposium on the Interface Between Computer Science and Statistics, National Bureau of Standards, 1978. (non-refereed)
15. J. J. Higgins. An Exchange of Correspondence, Int. Statisti. Review, April 1978. (a rejoinder)
16. J. J. Higgins. A Robust Model for Estimating and Testing for Means in Single Subject Experiments, Human Factors, Dec. 1978.
17. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. Discrete Probability Models with Modified Zeros, IEEE Trans. on Reliability, Oct. 1978.
18. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. Modified Method of Moments in an Empirical Bayes Estimation Procedure, IEEE Trans. on Reliability, April 1979.
19. J. J. Higgins. Estimating Parameters Via Nonparametric Density Estimation, Information Sciences, C. P. Tsokos and R. M. Thrall eds, Academic Press, 1979. (invited paper)
20. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. A Study of the Effects of the Loss Function on Bayes Estimates of Failure Intensity, MTBF, and Reliability, Applied Math. and Computation, 1980.
21. R. C. Blair, J. J. Higgins, W. B. Smitley. On the Relative Power of the U and T Tests, British J. of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Vol. 33, 1980.
22. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. A Comparison of the Power of Wilcoxon's Rank-Sum Test to that of Student's T-Test Under Various Non-normal Distributions. Journal of Educational Statistics, 1980.
23. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. The Power of the T and Wilcoxon Statistics-A Comparison. Evaluation Review, Oct. 1980.
24. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. A Note on the Asymptotic Relative Efficiency of the Wilcoxon Rank-Sum Test and the Independent Means T-Test Under Mixtures of Two Normal Distributions. British J. of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Vol. 34, 1981.
25. J. J. Higgins and C. P. Tsokos. A Quasi-Bayes Estimate of the Failure Intensity of a Reliability Growth Model, IEEE Trans. on Reliability, Dec. 1981.
26. J. J. Higgins. A Note on the MLE's in Linear Models with Non- Normal or Dependent Errors. Communications in Statistics, 1982.
27. J. J. Higgins. Campus-wide Statistical Education and Services. Proceedings of the Section on Statistical Education. American Statistical Association, 1982. (non-refereed)
28. J. J. Higgins. Comments on `Quality of Statistical Education, Should ASA Assist or Assess', The American Statistician, 1982.
29. M. A. Stapanian, J. J. Higgins, C. S. Smith. Statistical Tests for Visitation Patterns on Grids. Ecology, 1982.
30. R. C. Blair, J. J. Higgins, M. H. Topping. An Investigation of the Robustness of the T-Test to Unit-of-Analysis Violations. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 1983.
31. J. J. Higgins and J. Schwenke. A Decision Theoretic Approach to Student Placement. Florida J. of Educational Research, 1983.
32. M. L. Deaton, J. J. Higgins, J. E. Smith. A Model for the Synthesis of Chemical Compounds in Red Blood Cells, with Applications to Diabetes, Biometrics, March 1984.
33. M. L. Deaton, J. J. Higgins, J. E. Smith. A Statistical Model for Describing the Response of Diabetic Patients to Insulin, J. of Undergrad. Math. and Appl. 1984.
34. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. Some Comments on `The Unit of Analysis: Group Means Versus Individual Observations', Florida J. of Educational Research, 1984.
35. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. A Comparison of the Power of the Paired Sample T-Test to that of Wilcoxon's Signed-Ranks Test Under Various Population Shapes. Psychological Bulletin, Winter 1985.
36. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. A Comparison of the Power of the Paired Samples Rank Transform Statistic to that of Wilcoxon's Signed Ranks Statistic, Journal of Educational Statistics, Fall 1985.
37. G. W. Cole and J. J. Higgins. A Probability Criterion for Acceptable Soil Erosion. Trans. Am. Soc. of Ag. Eng., Nov-Dec 1985.
38. R. C. Blair and J. J. Higgins. Comment on `Statistical Power with Group Mean as the Unit of Analysis', Journal of Educational Statistics, Summer 1986.
39. J. J. Higgins and S. McNulty. Effect of Tail Weight and Outliers on Power and Type-I Error of Robust Permutation Tests for Location. Communications in Statistics, Spring 1987.
40. S. S. Sawilowsky, R. C. Blair, J. J. Higgins. Some Observations on the Type I Error and Power Properties of the Rank Transform Statistic in 2 Factor ANOVA, Communications in Statistics, Vol. 16, No. 4, 1987.
41. K. W. Lee, F. A. Tillman, J. J. Higgins. A Literature Survey of the Human Reliability Component in a Man-Machine System, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 1988.
42. M. M. Bugaighis and J. J. Higgins. Accelerated Life Testing, Journal of Undergrad. Math. and Appl., 1988.
43. K. W. Lee, J. J. Higgins, F. A. Tillman. Stochastic Modeling of Human Performance Reliability. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Dec. 1988.
44. T.B. Goehring, L. R. Corah, J. J. Higgins. Effects of Energy and Lasalocid on Productivitiy of First-Calf Heifers, Journal of Animal Sciences, 67, 1989.
45. S. Sawilowsky, R.C. Blair, J.J. Higgins. An Investigation of the Type I Error and Power Properties of the Rank Transform Procedure in Factorial ANOVA. Journal of Educational Stat., 14, 1989.
46. W. M. Kosewski, G. K. Newell, J. J. Higgins. Effect of Nutrition Education Program on the Eating Attitudes and Behaviors of College Women, Journal of College Student Development, May 1990.
47. K. W. Lee, J. J. Higgins, F. A. Tillman. Stochastic Models for Mission Effectiveness, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Aug. 1990.
48. M.A. McGinley, C.C. Smith, P.F. Elliot, J.J. Higgins. Morphological Constraints on Seed Mass in Lodgepole Pine. Functional Ecology, 4, 1990.
49. J.J. Higgins, R.C. Blair, S. Tashtoush. The Aligned Rank Transform Procedure. Proceedings of the 1990 Kansas State University Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture. May 1990.
50. D. Patterson, L. Corah, J. Brethour, M. Spire, J. Higgins, G. Kiracofe, J. Stevenson, D. Simms. Evaluation of Reproductive Traits in Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus Crossbred Heifers: Effects of Postweaning Energy Manipulation. J. Anim. Sci. 69: 1991.
51. R. Perry, L. Corah, R. Cochran, J. Brethour, K. Olson, J. Higgins. Effects of Hay Quality, Breed, and Ovarian Development on Onset of Puberty and Reproductive Performance of Beef Heifers. J. Prod. Agric. Vol. 4, no. 1, 1991.
52. S. Eicher-Pruiett, J. Morrill, T. Nagaraja, J. Higgins, N. Anderson, P.Reddy. Response of Young Dairy Calves with Lasalocid Delivery Varied in Feed Sources. J. Dairy Sci., 75:857-862, 1992.
53. S. Eicher-Pruiett, J. Morrill, F. Blecha, J. Higgins, N. Anderson, P. Reddy. Neutrophil and Lymphocyte Response to Supplementation with Vitamins C and E in Young Calves. J. Dairy Sci, 75: 1635-1642, 1992.
54. J. Gali-Muhtasib, C. Smith, J. Higgins. The Effect of Silica in Grasses on the Feeding Behavior of the Prairie Vole, Microtus Ochragaster. Ecology, 73(5), 1724-1720, 1992.
55. I. Abdelgadir, J. Morrill, A. Feyerherm, J. Higgins. Effect of Roasting Soybeans and Corn on Dairy Calf Performance. KSU Dairy Day, pp. 36-39, 1993. (non-refereed)
56. J. Higgins, W. Noble. Permutation Tests for Repeated Measures Designs. Proceedings of the 1993 Kansas State University Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, 1993.
57. S. Utter, P. Houghton, L. Corah, M. Spire, J. Higgins, M. Butine. Factors Affecting Pregnancy Rates and Calving Difficulty in Commercial Beef Heifers. KSU Cattelman's Day, 1993. (non-refereed)
58. S. Thangavandivelu, P. Barnes, J. Slocombe, L. Stone, J. Higgins. Soil Response to Track and Wheel Tractor Traffic. J. Terramechanics, Vol. 31, No. 1, 1994.
59. R.C. Blair, J. Higgins, W. Karniski, J. Kromrey. A Study of Multivariate Permutation Tests Which May Replace Hotellings's T-Square Test in Prescribed Circumstances. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 1994.
60. J. Higgins, S. Tashtoush. An Aligned Rank Transform Test for Interaction. Nonlinear World, Vol. 1, pp 201-221, 1994.
61. H. Terui, J. Morrill, J. Higgins. Evaluation of Enzyme-Modified Wheat Gluten as a Component of Milk Replacers for Calves. KSU Diary Day, 1994. (non-refereed)
62. H. Gerui, J. Morril, J. Higgins. Total Mixed Rations for Feeding Dairy Heifers for 3 to 6 Months of Age. KSU Dairy Day, 1994. (non-refereed)
63. S.D. Eicher, J. Morrill, F. Blecha, C. Chitko-McKown, N. Anderson, J. Higgins. Leukocyte Functions of Young Dairy Calves Fed Milk Replacers Supplemented with Vitamins A and E. J. Diary Sci. 77, 1399-1407, 1994
64. J. Higgins, Commentary on Statistical Values, Quality, and Certification. Letters to the Editor, American Statistician. Vol. 49, No. 1, Feb. 1995.
65. I. Khamis, J. Higgins. Step-Stress Testing in Agriculture. Proceedings of the 1995 Kansas State University Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, April 1995.
66. I. Khamis, J. Higgins. Optimum 3-Step, Step-Stress Tests. IEEE Transactions on Reliability. Vol. 45, No.2, 341-345, 1996.
67. I Abdelgadir, J. Morrill, J. Higgins. Ruminal Availabilities of Protein and Starch: Effects on Growth and Ruminal and Plasma Metabolites of Dairy Calves. J. Dairy Sci. 79:283-290, 1996.
68. I. Abdelgadir, J. Morrill, J. Higgins. Effect of Roasted Soybeans and Corn on Performance and Ruminal and Blood Metabolites of Dairy Calves. J. Dairy Sci. 79:465-474, 1996.
69. I. Khamis, J. Higgins. An Alternative to the Weibull Step-Stress Model. Proceedings of the Section on Quality and Productivity. American Statistical Association Annual Meeting, 1996 (non-refereed).
70. M. E. Bond, J. J. Higgins. Using Prior Knowledge of the Intraclass Correlation to Increase the Power of Tests for Treatment Means. Proceeding of the 1997 Kansas State University Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture, pp. 25-29, April 1997.
71. K. P Coffey, F. K. Brazle, J. J. Higgins, J. L. Moyer. Effects of Gathering Time on Weight and Shrink of Steers Grazing Smooth Bromegrass Pastures. The Professional Animal Scientist, 13: 170-175, 1997.
72. I. Khamis and J. Higgins. A New Model for Step-Stress Testing". IEEE Transactions on Reliability. 47: No. 2, 131-133, June 1998.
73. J. J. Higgins. Review of "Statistics in Civil Engineering" by Andrew V. Metcalfe. Journ. of the Am. Stat. Assoc. July 1998.
74. J. Higgins, P. Bain. Nonparametric Tests for Lattice-Ordered Alternatives in Unreplicated Two-Factor Experiments. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. Vol. 11, pp. 307-318.
75. J. Higgins. Nonmathematical Statistics: A New Direction for the Undergraduate Discipline. The American Statistician, Vol. 53, No. 1, Feb. 1999.
76. M. Hajmeer, J. Marsden, B. Crozier-Dodson, I. Basheer, J. Higgins. Reduction of Microbial Counts at a Commercial Beef Koshering Facility. Journal of Food Sciences. Vol. 64, No. 4, p. 719-723, 1999.
77. M. Strand, J. Higgins. Using Isotonic Regression to Improve Estimation in Factorial Experiments with Ordered Factor Levels. Proceedings of the 1999 Kansas State Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture. pp. 95-104. April 1999.
78. E. Gibson, J. Higgins. Gap-Ratio Goodness of Fit Tests for Weibull or Extreme Value Distributional Assumptions with Left or Right Censored Data. Communications in Statistics, Simulation and Computation, pp. 541-557, Vol. 29, No. 2, 2000.
79. D. Renter, J. Higgins, J. Sargeant. Performance of the Exact and Chi-Square Tests on Sparse Contingency Tables. Proceedings of the 2000 Kansas State Conference on Applied Statistics in Agriculture. (to appear).
80. M. Bond, J. Higgins. A Note on A Comparison of Bayes and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of the Intraclass Correlation Coefficient. Communications in Statistics, Theory and Methods. Vol 30, No. 2. 2001.
81. J. L. Turner, S. S. Dritz, J. J. Higgins, K. L. Herkelman, J. E. Minton (2002). Effects of Quillaja Saponaria Extract on Growth Performance and Immune Function of Weanling Pigs Challenged with Salmonella Typhimurium. Journal of Animal Sciences, 80, pp 1939-1946.
82. J. L. Turner, S. S. Dritz, J. J. Higgins, J. E. Minton (2002). Effects of Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract on Growth Performance and Immune Function of Weanling Pigs Challenged with Salmonella. Jounal of Animal Sciences, 80, pp 1947-1953.
83. J. J. Sindt, J. S. Drouillard, H. Thippareddi, R. K. Phebus, D. L. Lambert, S.P. Montgomery, T. B. Farran, H. J. LaBrune, R.D. Hunter, J. J. Higgins, and R. T. Ethington (2002). "Evaluation of total coliforms from steers fed combinations of wet corn gluten feed and steam-flaked corn", Journal of Animal Science, 80 pp. 3328-3335.
84. J. L. Turner, L. P. Todd, M.J. Arns, J. J. Higgins, J.E. Minton (2002). Case Study: Use of Optical Density of Mammary Secretions to Predict Parturition in Mares. The Professional Animal Scientist, 18, pp. 312-315.
85. J. Moyer, J. Fritz, J. Higgins (2003). Relationships Among Forage Yield and Quality Factors of Hay-Type Sorghums. Crop Management (online journal).
86. J. P. Montgomery, J.S. Drouillard, E.C. Titgemeyer, J. J. Sindt, T. B Farrow, J.N. Pike, C.M. Coetzer, A.M. Trater, J.J. Higgins (2004). Effects of Wet Corn Gluten Feed and Intake Levels on Diet Digestibility and Ruminal Passage Rates in Steers. Journal of Animal Sciences, Vol 82. 1-11.
87. J.L. Moyer, J.D. Fritz, J. J. Higgins (2004). Trends in Forage Yield and Nutritive Value of Hay-Type Sorghum spp. Agronomy Journal. 96, 1453-1458.
88. J. J. Higgins (2004). Statistics and Technology: Reflections on 35 Years of Change. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, Vol 3, No. 2 567-575.
89. J. Lingenselser, W. Schapaugh, J. Schmidt, J. Higgins (2005). Comparison of Genotype and Cultural Practices to Control Iron Deficiency Chlorosis in Soybeans. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis, 36: 1047-1062.
90. I Khamis, K. Goodkin, J. Higgins (2005). Step-Stress Model Using Logistic Regression Model and its Application in Medicine. Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational and Mathematical Methods in Science and Engineering. CMMSE-2005. Aliante, Spain, June 05, 291-297.
91. G. Bora, M. Schrock, D. Oard, J. Grimm, T. Kolb, J. Higgins (2005). Reliability Tests of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) Valves for Flow Rate Control of Anhydrous Ammonia. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. Vol. 21 (6): 955-960.
92. J. Moyer and J. Higgins (2005). Calculation of Sample Number to Accurately Measure Available Pasture Forage. Plant Management Network. Forage and Grazinglands (online journal). Nov 23, 2005
93. J. Perrett and J. Higgins (2006). A Method for Analyzing Unreplicated Agricultural Experiments. Crop Sci., 46: 2402-2485.
94. M. Al-Haj Ebrahem and J. Higgins (2006). Non-Parametric Analysis of a Proportional Wearout Model for Accelerated Degradation Data. Applied Math and Computation, Vol. 174, Issue 1, Mar 2006, 365-373.
95. D. Walker, E. Titgemeyer, E. Sissom, K. Brown J. Higgins, G. Andrews, B. Johnson (2007). Effects of Steroidal Implantation and Ractopamine-HCL on Nitrogen Retention, Blood Metabolites, and Skeletal Muscle Gene Expression in Holstein Steers. J. of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition, 91: 439-447.
96. K. Brown, R. Goodband, M. Tokach. S. Dritz, J. Nelssen, J. Minton, J. Higgins, J. Woodworth, B. Johnson (2007). Growth Characteristics, Blood Metabolites, and Insulin-Like Growth Factor System Components in Maternal Tissies of Gils Fel L-Carnitine Through Day Seventy of Gestation. J. Animal Sci. 85: doi:10.2527/jas2006-569.
97. M. Corrigan, J. Drouillard, M. Spire, D. Mosier, J. Minton, J. Higgins, E. Loe, B. DEpenbusch, J. Fox (2007). Effects of Melengestrol Acetate on the Inflammatory Response in Heifers Challenged with Mannheimia Haemolytica. J. Anim Sci. Jul; 85(7): 1770-9.
98. Farran, T., Reinhardt, C., Blasi, D. Minton, J.
Elassasser, T. Higgins, J. Drouillard, J. (2008). Source of Dietary Lipid May
Modify the Immune Response in Stressed Feeder Cattle. J. Anim Sci. 2008 Mar 14.
99. K. Brown, R. Goodband, M. Tokach, S. Dritz, J. Nelssen,
J. Minton, J. Higgins, X. Lin, J. Odle, J. Woodworth, B. Johnson. Effects of
feeding l-carnitine to gilts through day 70 of gestation on litter traits and
the expression of insulin-like growth factor system components and l-carnitine
concentration in foetal tissues. Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal
Nutrition, 92(2008) 660-667.
100. J. Coetzee, K. Kocan, J. Higgins, M. Apley, D. Jones. (2008) Ultrastructural and fluorochromatic changes of Anaplasma marginale exposed to oxytetracycline, imidocarb and enrofloxacin in short-term erythrocyte cultures. Veterinary Microbiology, doi:10.1016/j.vetmic.2008.10.014.
101. J. Dependbusch, J. Drouillard, E. Loe, J. Higgins, M. Corrigan, M. Quinn. (2008) Efficacy of monensin and tylosin in finishing diets based on steam-flaked corn with and without corn wet distiller's grains with solubles. J. Anim. Sci. 86:2270-2276
102. J.S. Stevenson, J.J. Higgins, Y. Jung. (2009).
Pregnancy outcome after insemination of frozen-thawed bovine semen packaged in
two straw sizes: A meta-analysis. J. Dairy Sci. 92:4432-4438 doi:
103. M. Harper, M. Roberts, K. Getty, E. Boyle, D. Fung, J.Higgins (2009). Evaluation of Two Thermal Processing Schedules at Low Relative Humidity for Elimination of Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella Serovars in Chopped and Formed Beef Jerky. Journal of Food Protection. Vol 72. No 12, 2009, Pages 2476-2482.
104. Depenbusch, B.E., C.M. Coleman, J.J. Higgins, and J.S. Drouillard (2009). Increasing levels of dried corn distiller's grains with solubles on growth performance, carcass characteristics, and meat quality of yearling heifers. J. Anim. Sci. Aug;87(8):2653-2663.
105. Depenbusch, B.E., E.R. Loe, J.J. Sindt, N.A. Cole, J.J. Higgins, and J.S. Drouillard (2009). Optimizing use of distiller's grains in finishing diets containing steam-flaked corn. J. Anim. Sci. 87(8):2644-2652.
J. Higgins, D. Blasi (2010). Distribution-free tests for no effect of treatment
in heteroscedastic functional data under both weak and long range dependence.
Statistics and Probability Letters 80 390-402.
107. J. Moyer, R. Price, J. Higgins, L. Lomas (2010) Estimating sward forage mass and crude protein. Proc. Amer. Forage Grassl. Counc. Vol.19 (CD). June. Springfield, Mo.
108. A Lobaton-Sulabo, T. Axman, K. Getty, E. Boyle, N. Harper, K. Uppal, B.Barry, J. Higgins (2011). Package Systems and Storage Times Serve as Postlethality Controls for Listeria monocytogenes on Whole-Muscle Beef Jerky and Pork and Beef Smoked Sausage Sticks. J. of Food Protection, Vol. 74 No. 2, 2011, p.188-192. doi:10.4314/0362-028X.JFP-10-172
109. S. Uwituze, G. L. Parsons, C. J. Schneider, K. K. Karges, M. L. Gibson, L. C. Hollis, J. J. Higgins, and J. S. Drouillard (2011). Evaluation of sulfur content of dried distillers grains with solubles in finishing diets bas ed on steam-flaked corn or dry-rolled corn J. Anim Sci. first published on March 7, 2011 as doi:10.2527/jas.2010-3103
110. J. Wobbrock, L. Findlater, D.Gergle, J. Higgins The aligned rank transform for nonparametric factorial analysis using only ANOVA procedures. Proceedings ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 11). Vancouver BC (May 7-12, 2011). New York: ACM Press, pp. 143-146. Honorable Mention Paper