Christopher I. Vahl
Assistant Professor & Statistical Consultant
Department of Statistics
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506
Office: Dickens 104
Phone Number: (785) 532-0520
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: by appointment
My curriculum vitae (pdf)
My peer-reviewed statistical papers:
My peer-reviewed collaborative papers:
- Kang, Q. and C.I. Vahl (accepted). Testing for bioequivalence of highly variable drugs from
TR - RT crossover designs with heterogeneous residual variances. Pharmaceutical Statistics.
- Vahl, C.I. and Kang, Q. (2017). Statistical strategies for multiple testing in the safety evaluation of
a genetically modified crop. Journal of Agricultural Science, Vol. 155:05, pp. 812–831. DOI:
- Kang, Q. & C. I. Vahl (2016). Statistical procedures for testing hypotheses of equivalence
in the safety evaluation of a genetically modified crop. Journal of Agricultural Science.
Vol. 154:08, pp. 1392-1412. DOI:10.1017/S0021859615001367.
- Vahl, C.I. & Q. Kang (2016). Equivalence criteria for the safety evaluation of a genetically
modified crop – a statistical perspective. Journal of Agricultural Science.
Vol. 154:03, pp. 383-406 DOI:10.1017/S0021859615000271.
- Vahl, C.I. & Q. Kang. (2015) Analysis of an outcome-dependent enriched sample: hypothesis tests.
Statistical Methods and Applications. 24(3):387-409. DOI:10.1007/s10260-014-0285-4.
- Kang, Q. & C. I. Vahl (2014). Statistical Analysis in the Safety Evaluation of Genetically
Modified Crops: Equivalence Tests. Crop Science. 54:2183-2200. DOI:10.2135/ cropsci2014.01.0011.
- Vahl, C.I. and Milliken, G.A. (2011). Whole-plot exchange algorithms for constructing D-optimal
multistratum designs. Communications in Statistics – Simulation and Computation. 40: pp. 1030-42
- Kang, Q., Nelson, P.I. and Vahl, C.I. (2010). Parameter estimation from an outcome-dependent enriched
sample using weighted likelihood method. Statistica Sinica. 20: pp. 1529-50.
- Schilling, Monika; Montgomery, Sean; Titgemeyer, Evan; Wertz-Lutz, Aimee; Vahl, Christopher;
Schilling, Anthony; Hollenbeck, William; Blasi, Dale (to appear). Effects of feeding nucleotides in diets
containing corn germ meal or dried corn distillers grains on the performance and health of receiving
and growing calves. The Professional Animal Scientist.
- Terrell, S.P., C.D. Reinhardt, C.K. Larson, C.I. Vahl, and D.U. Thomson (2017). Incidence of lameness
and association of cause and severity of lameness on the outcome for cattle on six commercial beef
feedlots. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. Vol. 250, No. 4, Pages 437-445. DOI:
- Lin, Z., C. I. Vahl, J. E. Riviere (2016). Human Food Safety Implications of Variation in Food Animal Drug
Metabolism. Scientific Reports. 6, 27907; DOI: 10.1038/srep27907. (pdf)
- C. L. Van Bibber-Krueger, J. E. Axman, J. M. Gonzalez, C. I. Vahl, and J. S. Drouillard (2016). Effects of
yeast combined with chromium propionate on growth performance and carcass quality of finishing
steers. Journal of Animal Science. 94:3003-3011. DOI:10.2527/jas.2016-0454 (pdf)
- Mahjoubi, E., H. Amanlou, M. Hossein Yazdi, N. Aghaziarati, G. R. Noori, C. I. Vahl, B. J. Bradford, and L.
H. (2016). A supplement containing multiple types of gluconeogenic substrates alters intake but not
productivity of heat-stressed Afshari lambs. Journal of Animal Science, 94:2497-2505.
- Lopez, K., K. Phalen, C.I. Vahl, K.R. Roberts, K.J.K. Getty (2016). Investigation of handling practices for
fresh produce and the efficacy of commercially available produce washes on removal of pathogens
and natural microflora on whole cantaloupe surfaces. Food Control. Vol. 68, pp. 251-259.
- E.F. Schwandt, M.E. Hubbert, D.U. Thomson, C.I. Vahl, S.J. Bartle, C.D. Reinhardt. (2016). A survey of
starch availability of steam-flaked corn in commercial feedlots evaluating roll size and flake density.
The Professional Animal Scientist. Vol. 32, Issue 5, pp. 550–560. (pdf)
- E.R. Schlegel, S.P. Montgomery, J.W. Waggoner, C.I. Vahl, E.C. Titgemeyer, W.R. Hollenbeck, D.A. Blasi
(2016). Evaluation of ammoniated wheat straw during a receiving and growing period for beef cattle.
The Professional Animal Scientist. Vol. 32, Issue 3, pp. 295–301. (pdf)
- Smee, N.M., L.M. Pohlman, C.I. Vahl, M.W. Sanderson, G.F. Grauer (2016. Effect of Storage Time and
Temperature on Canine Urine Enzymes N-acetyl-β-D-glucosaminidase (NAG) and γ-glutamyl
transpeptidase (GGT), Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. Vol. 14, No.1, pp. 114-121. (pdf)
- Lutter, J.D., R.K. Schneider, S.N. Sampson, J.A. Cary, G.D. Roberts, and C.I. Vahl (2015) Medical
treatment of horses with deep digital flexor tendon injuries diagnosed with high-field strength
magnetic resonance imaging: 118 cases (2000–2010). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical
Association. Vol 247, No. 11, pp. 1309-1318. DOI:10.2460/javma.247.11.1309 (pdf)
- Lopez, K.; Getty, K.J.K., and Vahl, C.I. (2015) Validation of washing treatments to reduce Escherichia
coli O157:H7 and Salmonella spp. on the surface of green leaf lettuce and tomatoes. Food Protection
Trends. 35(5):377-394. (pdf)
- Moore, M. C., R.D. Davis, Q. Kang, C.I. Vahl, R.M. Wallace, C.A. Hanlon, and D.A. Mosier (2015).
Comparison of anamnestic responses to rabies vaccination in dogs and cats with current and out-ofdate
vaccination status. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 246(2):205-211.
- Reinhardt, C. D., C. I. Vahl, B. E. Depenbusch, J. P. Hutcheson and D. U. Thomson (2014). Feeding
zilpaterol hydrochloride is associated with decreased dry matter intake shortly after initiation of
feeding dependent on season and previous intake. Journal of Animal Science, 92:4751-4760. DOI: